2/3/10 Sony Project


· Was the project successful and what skills did I Gain?

I would definitely agree that I enjoyed working on the Sony project and I do feel my ideas matched the brief. After each shoot my concept continued developing until I reached my goals creating images that represented Sony as a Green company. I learnt how to use an alternative High key lighting method and also how to use rim lighting effectively. I also picked up lots of useful methods on Photoshop cs3 with layer masking and correctly sizing my images to the correct formats.

· What message did I convey and how did I achieve this?

I wanted the green men to represent Sony in many different ways. For those who don’t know anything about the chrysanthemums they are basically a cost effective plant that last longer then most other flowers costing a reasonable price. I felt they were perfect when relating to Sony’s products, as they are especially well known for long lasting quality. The chrysanthemums were also perfect for symbolising Sony’s keen approach to green environmental awareness. I wanted to create a fun active set of images that portrayed sound / vision I did this by adding old Sony products and coloured graphics to the final images.

· What didn’t work and how could it be improved?

One of the visual aspects I didn’t like were the leaves coming out of the bucket in the second image. I felt it was all a bit untidy and was slap bang in the middle of the image taking the focus away from the green men. To improve this I would have changed the positioning and worked on making it look more three-dimensional. I can definitely say I have a keen interest in working with graphics and intend on improving my skills.

· Did the project develop to all it could be?

My project did develop but I reckon with more shoots and time it could have potential to go a lot further. The main developmental aspect were the graphics, again I could have worked on the idea with bursting colour effects and improving the compositions in each image. If I had the money I could of used a bigger range of Sony’s products and I could of done a timeline showing he flower men throwing old to the newest technologies out of their buckets.

· How successful was the postcard design?

I ended up choosing an image from my CAP series, as it was perfect for writing my details on. I like it as I feel it’s in an interesting location and the lighting is quite eye catching. I think to improve my chances of obtaining a higher mark I would of done more research and more designs giving myself more choice.

· To summarise, what was my overall view of the project

I thought it was really well organised and made very clear at the start of the unit what was required from us. We were taught many relevant and useful techniques in the Photoshop sessions that I can use in the future. I believed it has shaped my view of the advertising industry and how it has changed over the years. My main interest in the photography industry is the advertising route so I thoroughly enjoyed the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment