11/12/09 Marlborough Shoot (SIP HAIR)



A couple of weeks ago I shot on location in a Hair Salon in Marlborough for a client who just wanted some rough snaps to go into an album for his customers to see. Shooting on location meant we had various limitations on the amount of equipment we could carry to the salon. We ended up with only two bowen 500 light heads, one medium sized softbox, umbrella (white coated) and a large reflector for the backdrop which caused us lots more hassle not to mention we had so little space to shoot in we might as well have been inside my garden shed.

Although there were obstacles I felt the shoot taught me more about making your models feel comfortable and appropriate communication as one of the girls was really nervous and apprehensive, I made her feel more relaxed by complimenting her and letting her take little intervals. I continued to encourage her to try different poses/looks and showed her the images reassuring her they were coming out beautifully. She eventually loosened up and became a great subject to photograph.

I wanted to be experimental by using different transparent fabrics over then lens creating a kind of soft effect on the model. The image below i decided to burn round the edges and do a little bit of cheeky dodging to lighten the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment